Anonymous said: Any tips on writing a video game script? Not a long game like Skyrim but a short, indie game.
Video games usually follow the same basic outline of novels:
- Prologues: This would be the tutorial before the actual game or it would be those really long cut scenes beforehand.
- First Chapter: If the tutorial isn’t included separately, it’s usually in the first part of a video game. This introduces not only the basic skills the gamer will need to play, but also the exposition. Smaller games that only have a few controls skip this and straight up tell the player what to do.
- Rising Action: This is the actual game play where the gamer learns more skills and engages in smaller conflicts. In smaller games, player choices and interactions might alter the game play a little bit, leading to differences in setting and characterization.
- Climax: This would be the final boss or just when everything comes together.
- Resolution: This is what happens after the climax (there’s usually dialogue and a cut scene) and it rolls into the credits.
Some also follow the monomyth.
I caught my own reflection in the screen of my phone while drawing on snapchat, and I had the sudden idea for this sketch of River Tam from Firefly.
Pokemon TCG Illustrator Sakuba Tokiya draws Pokemon Fusions. And they’re amazing.
sometimes you see a pun so artfully constructed you just have to stand back in awe.
Day 2: Favorite Parallels
Okay you know what I was just gonna reblog this and say nothing but you know what, I’m pissed off and you wanna know why?
Ted is a Nice Guy. I don’t mean a nice man, no. I mean the motherfucking “Nice Guy” who moans and complains about how women just won’t flock to him and be exactly who he expects of them. He knew from the beginning Robin wanted to focus on her career before marriage. He knew from the beginning she didn’t want kids. She rejected him time after time before they dated the first time. She rejected him time after time after that, for nine goddamn fucking years. His refusal to stop pursuing her, and accept she did not fucking love him, destroyed his relationship with Victoria TWICE. He is the whiny high school teenager bitching because the popular girl he obsesses over just isn’t into him. He is the goddamn Nice Guy, the kind whose every action, every so-called kind deed is done purely out of trying to get Robin to date him.
Robin motherfucking Scherbatsky was an independent woman who not only relied on herself, but expected the men she wanted to be with to be independent and rely on himself, as well. She was career-minded and strong and independent and self-reliant. Those were the traits that doomed her and Ted.
In this gifset we see that Ted did not respect Robin for who she was. He didn’t want her to be self-reliant—he wanted her to rely on him. He’s like so many men out there, so many Nice Guys. Baby, let me take care of you while you put me before everything else, You’re too independent, Robin. I need you to need me, I need you to rely on me. The reason they didn’t work out was because they both wanted and needed different things in relationships, and that’s okay—what isn’t okay is that instead of accepting that, Ted blames her. Tells her that SHE is the reason why they broke up, and something about her is WRONG. He insults her, tells her that her fundamental personality is wrong, and that she is why their relationship failed; that they they just aren’t compatible, no; because she is broken.
She is so upset at this she goes to another ex. He’s the Jerk, you know; the guy who all the Nice Guys in the world call The Asshole. And you know what? You know what this Asshole does? He comforts her, he compliments her. He tells her that those traits, teh traits she’s been belittled and taunted over, the traits that make her broken, the reason why She Can’t Find A Man, are what make her wonderful. Barney loved her for her insecurities, and he supported her independence. He supported her self-reliance. In one scene, this Asshole prove to be far more accepting and mature than the so-called Nice Guy.
So who do she end up with?
how i met your mother ending is bullshit